Friday, December 19, 2008

How to unlock volume setting in your ipod?

I was annoyed when I could not change the volume of my ipod that my brother gave to me. He also forgot the password to change the volume. I searched in Internet for the solution. There were many weird solutions asking user to erase the contents of the ipod and reload using i-tunes. But my common sense was not convinced by the solutions provided by various sites.

After some hours of tiring search, I came across wiki_answers.com to find the simple and the correct solution for removing the settings of the file. Here are the settings:

1. Plug ipod in any computer and it will appear in your computer as a removable hard disk
2. Enable hidden folders.
In Windows Explorer,go to "Tools", "Folder Options". Then click on the tab called "View", and under "Hidden Files and Folders", click "Show Hidden Files and Folders".
3. Navigate ("My Computer" to double-click on the icon of your attached iPod) to the hidden folder named "iPod_Control", and once there click on the folder "Device". Once there, delete the file named "_volumelocked".
4. Eject your iPod. Then, restart your iPod. You can do this by holding down the center and menu button for at least 6 seconds.
5. Once your iPod has rebooted, check and make sure that it worked. Simply go into "Settings", "Volume Limit". If it asks for a PIN, you did it WRONG. Retry the above procedure.
Happy resetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment