Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Life is like that

Today I suddenly remembered by adolescent days while watching a telugu song in Gemini music. The song was about two girls doing all sort of fun they wanted to do. I too know a girl who wanted to experience all sorts of fun like speeding in a bike, striking different poses for photographs, eating the foods (brought by me specially for her)that she liked much, etc,. To be precise, I understood one important fact that girls are more interested in doing such fun kind of activities than boys, only after watching that song. For all the common people, this is not an important fact all, since everybody knew this from their child hood. But it is an important discovery for me. This realization has answered many of my "silly questions".

For me, during my bubbling youth days, I did not possess even an iota of this idea. How strange and stupid!? I did not have one bike, I did not have a camera and I did not have enough money to do developing and printing of the photographs and I never bothered to take something for her to eat. Over all I did not have an attitude or open mind to understand her attitude. Rather a girl's typical attitude. Finally I could not give any thing that the girl was expecting. A sad story.

But I wanted to commit something big to her. I felt something "cheap" in bringing chocolates or sweets to her. At the depth of my heart, I was afraid that if something goes out of control, we will remember only such incidents of eating and some sort of silly funny things (which would become the killing pain, later). I always wanted to be reminded of my "big" commitment rather than these small things. So I kept my visits to her, dry & empty-handed. I did not want the silly things to overpower my big commitment. She lived by my words and only words. I did not spend a penny for her. I tried to deliver my honest and best commitment to her always. I think I have honored my commitment. But now I understand that one has to balance the "big" commitment as well as silly funny things.

Stop. But youths today understand and use (rather exploit) the girls' attitude towards fun. At that time, there were no mobile phones, no digital cameras and no Internet. Gifts are the building blocks of love, now. It will be ridiculous for the happening people of today to imagine such a condition in which people thrived, made communications, loved each other, traveled from one place to another, and eventually died. But nowadays gifting a mobile is a standard for any opposite sex friendship to last at least for some time, SMSing and chatting is like breathing and going to places and taking loads of photographs is the main motto of loving each other.

Now, I have grown older. Really I don't bother what is happening around the youths nowadays. I have grown older to such an extent that I stopped bothering for my fallen hair and she has also grown older to bring up two kids in a challenging environment. We both have everything between us, mobile phone, internet, camera, car & bike and all the things what used to excite her in those golden days. Surprisingly, these gadgets are meant to keep the people close to each other. Despite, having all these things, we are at a distance. An un filled distance so long that we have traveled in different directions. Still we don't speak or communicate. We really don't share a common cause to do so.

My mind would run through various arguments regarding these points and I would finally come up with one simple answer, which every one should accept: Life is like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment