Friday, January 30, 2009

My common errors in GMAT exam

My common mistakes while reading:

1. I am not reading actively
2. I am reading the answer choices superficially
3. I am not reading the answer choices at all
4. When I am down with only 2 choices I am always picking the wrong ones.
a. Do not pick strong tone words especially in RC
b. If there is no mention, then no point in choosing the answer choice- however good it may sound or look attractive.
I got a pathetic hit rate of 64% on Kaplan practice RC’s. It was like throwing s**t on my face. Do I really deserve to get in to IIM-A? Do I really deserver to get a 730+ in the exam?

All the concepts are known. There is no specific strategy required. Read CRITICALLY. Drill and doubt each and every word given in the answer choices. “Walk” around the suspicious words. If you can not find anything specific, continue wandering around the word. You can find a convoluted fact with the wrong answer choice. There is nothing specific to learn in CR. It is all about understanding the question and the given answer choices. All the words are carefully engineered to deceive you. Improve your brain power. It has to be laser focus, to face every question thrown at you.

Before excluding any answer choice at a first go, better keep it under suspicion. This is the common mistake I am making. Don’t reject the answer choice out right. Exclude all dirty answer. Elimination has to be 100% correct and with confidence. Precision is the answer here. The words and the answer choices you see are meticulously formulated by experts to deceive you. So work with extreme caution. To score high you need to concentrate like an acid and you have to maintain the vigor through the test. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment