Thursday, January 15, 2009

Magnetic slate-Go Green!

I saw this magnetic slate in Magnet mall (coincidence?!), Akurdi, Pune and I bought it for my daughter. Then I found that it is useful for all sorts of rough works and calculations. I normally use one-sided papers or any other rough papers found near the printer in my office. Then I found that I can completely get rid of the paper also. Since this plate is extremely useful for temporary writing. Now I plan to use in my office also.

Construction and work:
It consists of two plates, 1.Base plate and 2. Impression surface. There are fine magnetic particles entrapped in between. The impression surface is white in color and when the pencil with the iron tip is placed on that all the fine magnetic particles get attracted towards the tip and when the pencil is moved the magnetic particles traces the path of the pencil tip.

After the use, there is one slider which runs in between the two surfaces to neutralize the magnetic effect and even out the displaced magnetic particles in to one smooth coating.

The price is also nominal ranging from Rs.30 to Rs.60 depending on the size of the slate. You can treat this product as a gift idea to small children. They can have fun of unlimited writing.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! The slate definitely gets a vote for the green drive but, it reminds of the early 80's when we were kids and wrote on the black stone slate. My fav part, I have to shamelessly admit was in secretly "tasting" the chalk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the name of the company which created that slate ?

    ReplyDelete