Monday, January 12, 2009

My Google Adsense story

I thought that adding Google advertisements in my blog would be a cool idea though I did not have any serious intentions of making money with that. So I applied for Google Adsense account and submitted my application. After sending the application, immediately I put the Adsense widget in my blogspot. Adsense advertisements started appearing in my blogspot, only MOMENTARILY. After refreshing the page I could not see any advertisements.

An email came to my gmail account asking for persmission to blogger.com to allow Adsense to appear in my blogspot. So far, so good. Then as usual, my hard luck came to play. My application was promptly rejected. Saying a specific issue type called Page type. The error message is something like this:

"
Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google
AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.
Issues:
- Page type
---------------------
Further detail:

Page Type: In order to participate in Google AdSense, publishers'
websites and application information must satisfy the following
guidelines:

- Your website must be your own top-level domain (www.example.com and
not www.example.com/mysite).
- Your domain must have been registered and active for at least 6
months. Before you apply for AdSense.
- You must provide accurate personal information with your application
that matches the information on your domain registration.
- Your website must contain substantial, original content."


I was really frustrated. But apparently I could not find any solution till now and feeling helpless. After wasting lot of time in Internet looking for possible solution, I came up with some conclusions:

Conclusions so far:
1. Adsense is not expecting a www.xyz.blogspot.com address or www.xyz.googlpages.com any more. This change has happened recently around October-November 2008 it seems.

2. If you have got your Adsense account before this new rule change, you are definitely LUCKY.

3. If you somehow convert your blogspot URL in to a static URL, you need to wait for 6 months after registering your domain, I hope.

4.You need to pay at least 15 dollars to get one time URL from www.blogger.com but I am not really sure about the maintenance charges if any or there after that.

5. I have not found any site which can give you real "free" domain, with out ads on their own, but still you have to wait for 6 months.

6. One FAQ from Google Adsense reads like this:
Do I have to own a website to use AdSense?
To use AdSense, you must have access to edit the HTML source code of the website you submit in your application. If you submit a site you don't own (for example, www.google.com), you won't be able to place the AdSense code on the site and your application will not be approved
I have not really understood the meaning of "access to edit the HTML source code of the website". Politically engineered words.
7. Google does not accept any more new entries for googlepages.com
8. Instead it is encouraging users to create one site at sites.google.com. There also you will get a complicated URL (similar to blogspot URL) and then you have to change the URL in to some domain name using Google Apps. I don't know whether we need to pay money or not.

Also even if I get a paid domain name from blogger.com, will that qualify the condition required by Google Adsense or not. I really don't' know. Now I am in a dead-lock position. I have decided not to go in to so much depth for this right now. Since I have other priorities, I changed the preference of this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment